The spark test process is a respooling operation designed to package work in process and finished wires in accordance with product specifications. This is a quality operation designed to detect and remove any product flaws.
• Reads routers, procedures and performs work as assigned.
• Process all orders in accordance with schedules.
• Setup, operate and adjust machinery according to specifications, operating procedures, and manufacture products in accordance with defined engineering specifications.
• Move raw material.
• Load full and empty spools onto and off the machine.
• Strip wire, feed through machine, tape onto spools and/or splice wires
• Coil wire by hand and place in Teflon barrels. (Sparktest #8)
• Visually & tactilely inspect wire as it moves through the process
• Use spark tester to identify defect, repair defect by cutting out and re-attaching good ends of the wire
• Test samples for continuity and perform in-process quality inspection
• Package product including:
- Make boxes and pack product in boxes
- Operate barrel packer (Sparktest-TFE)
- Wrap product in cardboard and or plastic wrap
- Make and apply labels to the product
- Place and move product on pallets and on wheeled carts in the work area, place the product on storage shelves in the work area
• Assure quality of all production.
• Record and maintain quality control data for all production in accordance with QC procedures.
• Communicate verbally with engineering, quality control and production control personnel on production schedules.
• Perform routine maintenance procedures on the spark test machine.
• Adheres to safety rules
• Adherence to AS9100 requirements.
• Maintain production reports and records
• Work overtime as job duties demand
• Bring pallets to and move finished pallets out of the work area
• Keep work areas organized and clean.
• Remove scrap from the work area
• Train other personnel
• Participate in departmental meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting less than 35 pounds throughout the day.
High school diploma or GED.
Must be able to input on work performed utilizing a computer.
Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Must be able to comply with all company policies.
Attendance Bonus Program
Medical, dental, and vision
Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
10 Paid Holidays
Employee Referral Bonus Program
401 K with matching contributions and discretionary contributions
Short Term and Long Term Disability